Thematics of the Metal-Binding Peptides international congress
The “ international conference on Metal-Binding Peptides” is an interdisciplinary congress related to metal-binding peptides, the methodologies used and applications specific to this kind of peptides. The general scope of this first conference on metal-binding peptides will be dedicated to:
- The Peptides and peptidomimetics study: from the chemical synthesis of MBP to the biological production either by biocatalysis or living organisms (bacteria, plants, etc.),
- The methodologies used for the screening and/or separation of MBP in complex mixtures of biomolecules,
- The technics and methods used to investigate the MBPs and to study their interaction with metals
- Considering metal in general or under various forms, i.e. ionic, complexes or present in nanoparticles (essential metals, toxic metals, metals for medicine, ionic metals, metal-nanoparticules, metal-complexes).
All the fields of application of Metal Binding Peptide will be addressed during such interdisciplinary congress: chemistry, biology, medicine, environment, nutrition, material science, etc.
Two main sessions will be considered either on a methodological point of view or on an application point of view, each one being divided under more focused and specific sessions.
Session 1. Methodologies-related sessions
- MBP produced from chemical synthesis, from micro-organisms or plants or using biocatalysis from various proteins ressources
- Development of techniques and methods for MBP screening (SPR, …) and separation (IMAC chromatography) and Identification,
– Development of techniques and methods for MBPs study (spectroscopic technics, potentiometric titration, ITC, SPR,…),and of their interaction with metals (non-covalent or covalent interactions, complexation, ionic interactions, etc.)…..
Session 2. Applicative-related sessions
- MBP in milk products, in Foods and Nutrition (Nutraceutics such as as antioxidant),
- MBP in cosmetics and cosmeticals,
- MBP as drugs (antimicrobial peptides?),
- MBP in diagnostic and diseases (neurosciences, neuro-degenerative illness, chelation therapy)
- MBP in environmental sciences (depollution, biosorption)
- MBP in biomaterials
- MBP in microbiology (antimicrobial peptides, siderophoreous peptides)
- MBP for imaging (MRI, PDT, etc.)
- MBP and nanoparticles
- MBP for catalysis (chemical and biological or as models of metalloenzymes/-proteins)